Lightstream is a small, agile team building a complete evolution of what live video production should be: simple, powerful, collaborative, and most of all, fun. Your creativity and experience will be solving complex and exciting problems that not only drive the direction of our technology and products, but help to define new live streaming standards and technology for the future. At the core of who we are as a team is an immense passion and love for what we make, transparency, personal growth, and #goodvibes. We’re driven not just by our desire to build something truly amazing, but to build a company and culture we can be proud of.
As a Senior Frontend Engineer, you will work closely with the entire engineering team on our core products and services directly impacting the business and customers we serve. It is critical for you to work well in cross-functional teams and have a strong leadership presence that inspires other team members. This position also offers the opportunity to make architecture and design-level decisions that will have a direct impact on our workflows and standards as a company. Most importantly, as we are a startup, you must be comfortable balancing business needs and time-to-market, and make tradeoffs where appropriate.
Here are some things that we’re looking for in our next team member:
- Experience developing/managing state in a real time, collaborative web application (e.g. Google Docs).
- Extremely proficient at creating, consuming, and documenting RESTful services and architecture.
- Experience with Continuous Integration and/or Continuous Delivery.
- Proficient in automated testing (Unit, Integration, Load, Perf) & a healthy understanding of where & when to use it.
- Experience in developing & designing a high traffic web application deployed into production.
- Be able to communicate technical feasibility and practicality in UI/UX designs.
- Experience using CSS pre-processors and implementing responsive or liquid designs.
We get really excited about people that can meet one or more of the following:
- Familiarity or experience with digital audio/video concepts and technologies such as formats, codecs, containers, and transport methods.
- Experience using Webpack.
- Expert using browser tooling for profiling and auditing.
- Production experience with microservices and/or containers.
- Experience implementing WebRTC.
- Experience with WebGL or similar technologies with browser interactions with the GPU.
Candidates best suited to succeed also possess:
- Great communication skills – Lightstream is a distributed team and regularly communicates via video or chat, so clear written communication & interpersonal skills are a must.
- Passion for excellence – We love what we do and strive to put out our best work every day.
- Self-driven work ethic – We’re self-starters that love taking initiative and seeing things through to completion.This is a fast-paced environment that requires self-motivation and trusts everyone to excel in their roles without heavy oversight.
- The desire to learn – Our product is very unique business is constantly evolving and has diverse needs and interests. Flexibility is key.
- Willingness to share – We believe sharing our knowledge & experiences make us better as individuals and as a team. Teaching is a critical part of our culture.