You can never be too safe on the internet these days. Now more than ever, safety and security should be a high priority. That’s why Twitch streamer, superphrenic, put together a helpful guide on how to avoid being the victim of harassment, identity theft, or stalking. The entire article is definitely worth a read but here were just some of our favorite highlights:
- If you have your own domain, keep your info out of the WHOIS database (if possible).
- Devote some time to removing your info from free online databases (Spokeo, Pipl, White Pages, etc.).
- Pick a different birthday. Simple but very effective!
- Upgrade your PayPal account to a business account so that it won’t show your real name.
- Remove EXIF metadata from images before posting online.